Wednesday 22 December 2010

Little Old Elf

When I was a teenager my mom brought home a little elf she found in the basement of a store she was working in. It was probably part of a long forgotten Christmas display. We thought his little face was adorable.  The elf was a little bit faded, but all in all not in bad shape. When I had kids I used to move him around the house and hang him from lights and put him under tables and the kids would regularly hunt around to see where the elf was hiding that day.

I made this wreath with a friend at an evening workshop at Fort Whyte Center 20 years ago. It might be a bit dated but it feels like part of Christmas now. Elf seems to have found a favorite perch there. He still comes out to play with the grand kids but he just doesn't seem to hide around the house like he used to.



No comments: